2010-01-12

Life, just life!

Well what can I say? I am shocked that we are already nearly in the middle of January, oh my word! Wasn't it just the other day we waited in the new year? This weekend Bianca leaves for Camp Quality, she is so looking forward to it. Of course I need to still put together her costume for camp - they'll have a themed evening and this year it will be "super heroes". I tried to convince Bianca that she could be a fairy super hero, but no, she insisted she wants to be Super Girl. So off I went in search of things to use to make this costume (we are supposed to make something, not buy a proper dress up). I got the combo slightly wrong (blue for the skirt (when most pictures show red), a red shirt (when most pictures show a blue shirt), but oh well, it's not the end of the world. So wish me luck!

I must say I'm really enjoying this Photo a Day blog thingy that I've started a week ago. It's been cool to focus on something different, on life, without much expectation. It is quite hard just coming up with one photo (we tend to get quite camera snappy happy, or something), but I guess a year from now will be cool to look back and say "wow, so on the 12th of January 2010, this is what we got up to"


Of course some of the other people put my photos to shame and they talk about F-stops and lens sizes and photoshop techniques (my photoshop knowledge goes as far as making rounded edges, putting a border and resizing an image, but more than that? Not so much). But that's not the point I guess. It is supposed to be fun and that's what I'm focused on.

I can't believe Caitlyn will be turning 3 next month. Wow, really? It feels like just the other day when she was still a baby and now she's all grown up already. She is so excited and can't wait for her birthday party. Pretty much every single day she talks about her birthday party. The other day she wanted a pink cat party, but today it is Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. We still need to find a venue (our place is just way too small), and then I need to think of a cake.

And that's us, in a nutshell, at the moment, pretty much!

2 comments:

RosemaryO said...

What a great picture of the girls in the pool! Looks like everyone is having a great time. Enjoy the warmth; we are in the teens here in NY
Rosemary NY

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Love the action shot!!
I could do a photo a day easily at the moment... I'm totally camera snappy with Ava!