2009-04-17

Our day 3 of steroids

Normally when we give Bianca's medicines we have to give her supper, then wait 2 hours, then the medicines and then she needs to wait one more hour before she can eat again. So last night went a bit like this after Terence gave Bianca her medicine:

Bianca: "I'm hungry"

Terence: "I know, but you have to wait for an hour before you can eat again"

Bianca: "What time is that?"

Terence: "It is now 19:20 and you have to wait until the clock says 20:20 before you can eat again"

One minute later...

Bianca: "I'm really hungry, how much longer?"

Terence: "I will tell you when it is time, it is not time yet"

One minute later...

Bianca: "Is it time for me to eat yet?"

Terence: "Not yet"

Bianca: "How much longer?"

Terence: "Well it is now 19:22, and when the clock says 20:20, it will be time to eat"

One minute later...

Bianca: "I'm really hungry, can I eat yet?"

And so it went on every single minute for that whole hour until Bianca was finally able to eat again.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Poor little sweetheart!! And the worst it when you CAN'T eat!!!

Amanda said...

Shame man! At least she has a good appetite!

Anonymous said...

That must be awful for her! I can only imagine how long an hour must be to wait when you're that kind of hungry.