2009-10-14

Time to do something...

Today I did something I haven't done in a long long time. I went swimming. Now I'm not talking flopping into the heated spa pool for an hour or so, I'm talking actually getting into the colder big pool and swimming lengths. And oh boy I am so unfit (I'm surprised though because I really thought with the amount of running I do after Caitlyn every day, that by now I should at least be a little bit fit, but no, far from it). But it's time to do something and get back into shape, although I guess round is technically also a shape, but not quite the shape I'd like to be :-). So after I did this 10 times (swimming lengths that is, not getting into the pool) I dragged myself out of the pool and... flopped into the heated spa pool (I mean it was there and it would be such a waste not to go there as well). So tomorrow I'll take Caitlyn to the creche they have there and then I'll go again. Hopefully I can get into a pretty good routine pretty soon.

On a final note I found the cutest video clip and it has now become one of my favourites: My Favourite Things. (You will need sound for this one).

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

10/10 for effort! Well done!

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Love the link I've shared that on my Facebook page! :-D

Anonymous said...

Way to Go! I also need to get mysefl back to the gym - pronto! Getting way too fat.