2009-10-12

Where is little Aisling?

Last week a little 2 year old - Aisling Symes disappeared. All it took was a moment, a brief moment where her mom turned her back. It has now been a week, a week which I'm sure must feel like hell and like living in a nightmare for her family. I cannot imagine the heartache, the desperation, the fears, although as a mum I know how very quick these things can happen.

Around 4 years ago when Bianca was around Aisling's age, we went to a toy store. We were busy looking for a present for somebody and I just turned for a second asking the shop assistant something. I looked down to where Bianca was just a second ago and she was gone. I called Terence who was busy looking at some of the toys on the shelves and he said that Bianca wasn't with him. The first thing I noticed was the open door and I remember the feeling of fear and desperation as I raced outside to see if Bianca was there, but she wasn't. The street was empty (except for cars coming past). We went back inside the store and searched up and down the shelves and then (big relief) there Bianca was in the one aisles smiling at us as we raced towards her. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life. And I have never forgotten how scared I felt or how very quick it was.

My heart really goes out to this family. I've been praying non-stop that little Aisling will be found safe and sound and soon! This is what they have on their website:

Aisling is aged two years. She is a tall girl for her age, of European appearance, with light brown hair.

Aisling is believed to be wearing green parka jacket or ski jacket, blue jeans embroidered with flowers, and has white tennis shoes on her feet. You can see the the shoes Aisling was wearing at the time she went missing in the photo.

Please keep Aisling and the family in your prayers. The police are appealing to the public for information and to keep their eyes out for her. She may be anywhere in New Zealand, so please keep an eye out. The last confirmed sighting of Aisling was 5:15pm on October 5th.

If you think you may her seen her or know anything, even if it seems insignificant, it may not be, so please don’t hesitate to call them on this number: 08004AISLING (08004275464)

2 comments:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Well done for posting this, I shall do something too, lets hope it helps find her!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope she gets found soon. Those poor parents must be beside themselves with worry.

xxx