2007-08-07

Tuesday, 7 August 2007

This morning I had a morning tea with the Child Cancer Foundation. They have this once a month and then a bunch of the parents get together to catch up and just have a chat or whatever. For those of you who don't know what a morning tea is, it is a phrase they use here to describe a get-together mid-morning where you would have tea or coffee with some muffins or biscuits or another type of snack. It was great to catch up with some of the now familiar faces that I have seen at the hospital. Of course some parents are completely done or very nearly done so it is also good to find out how they coped.

Terence took the morning off and looked after the kids. Of course when I came back I had to take over again and look after the kids and then my whole day felt upside down. I felt completely out of my routine. So it ended up being quite an exhausted day for me.

I met Bonnie, Chelsea's mom. Chelsea is a little bit younger than Bianca and was diagnosed with ALL in the same week as us. Currently we are approximately a week ahead of them. Both kids are in hospital at the moment so we see each other several times a day at the ward. Both kids are in isolation so they can't even have hospital play dates.

Sean is in the room across from us. He has been in hospital for so long. He recently had a bone marrow transplant and they are currently praying and waiting that the transplant will end up being a success. So I see Catherine from time to time as well and then we "catch up".

Here is a photo of the CT Scanner that was used when Bianca recently needed a CT Scan - we could not take a photo then, but Terence snapped one when the door was open and empty as he walked past. She did not really enjoy the experience, but we played "stop and go" to make sure she stayed still when she had to.