2009-12-16

Christmas sneaking up on us so very fast

I realised with a shock yesterday how very close Christmas is. Even though I knew it was getting closer the speed of it is taking me by surprise (perhaps I'm getting old). Thankfully we are mostly ready and we don't have to brave the shops too often.

I'm so looking forward to Christmas.

Firstly Caitlyn is totally into it this year. She can hardly wait to open her presents. And secondly this year we won't have to try and work around a chemo / steroid schedule like last year. Last year we celebrated Christmas earlier because we knew Bianca would be on steroids and that she wouldn't enjoy Christmas as much when she also has to deal with Dex. The first day of steroids for that month (23rd December 2008) was pretty fully on and she just wasn't feel all that happy, then on the 27th of December 2008 she was admitted to hospital with some or the other viral infection. So this year seems just so very different.

And then in closing I just want to say a big big congratulations to my blogging buddy Sharon and her hubby. They became parents this past weekend to a beautiful little girl Ava Grace. You will never know just how very happy I am for you!

2 comments:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Have a lovely Christmas, from my family to yours xxx

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Very blessed Christmas to you all Lea. And thank you so much for your continued love and support!