2008-04-16

Never a dull moment

Today was Day 2 of the Dexamethasone for this month, and we felt it, or rather Sanna did for most of today.

Bianca was quite moody and she kept asking for things and then changing her mind and then saying to Sanna "I was just joking". They also made cupcakes and she ate about 6 or 7 of them. Usually she doesn't like sweet things when she is on the Dex, but this time it seems to be the thing.

Tonight she was very active, running around playing with her dad. We noticed she keeps getting out of breath a bit and seems to be a bit pale so we are wondering if she will need a transfusion at some point. It also seems as if the shingles want to flare up again. I'm sincerely hoping we are just neurotic and wrong.

So we are taking Bianca off the Dex - doctor's orders and tomorrow morning we'll have to take her in to the isolation side just so they can have a look at her and make sure things are fine.

So here we were hoping to have a few days away from the hospital, but now we're back tomorrow and of course our appointment on Friday.

Never a dull moment!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah
I grew up in Phalaborwa and was in class with Terrence though primary school. I was sadden to hear Bianca's illness. I don't have kids of my own but can only imagine how tough it must be. I am now a regular vistor to your site, to see how things are going and what her progress is. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers! Regards Bridget Schwartz