2008-06-12

Crunch time...

Today Caitlyn was way better. She had a morning nap and wasn't as unsettled as yesterday so I got a whole lot more done. Not as much as I wanted to, because I now definitely have a cold and so didn't feel very good today at all. So now I'm crossing fingers and saying lots of prayers that it passes quickly and that the IVIG Bianca received on Monday and her good counts will be enough to prevent her picking up any bugs. I so so do not want Bianca to be admitted again. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I think we've had our fair share of hospital admissions after having spent 106 days to date as an inpatient at Wellington Hospital.

For now it is crunch time - we have to pack up all the final bits and it's funny how the last few things always seem to take the longest. Tomorrow morning at 8:30 the movers will arrive, then we will hopefully have the house cleaned by the time the movers are done. Then we will set off for Palmerston North where we will stay the night before leaving for Taupo.

We are so very excited for the next few days. Terence and I (and of course Jody) have never been to Taupo before and this break is exactly what we all need before arriving in Auckland and to start this new chapter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to check in. I am glad Bianca has made it out of the hospital for now! I hope the move goes well-

Thinking of you and wishing all well,
Heather
www.caringbridge.org/visit/eliaswaymire

Anonymous said...

Hi Lea,
Good luck with the big move. I hope it isn't too stressful.
You will have a wonderful time in Taupo. Check out the AC baths and the McDonalds with the DC3. The miniature train is great too.
I hope your cold gets better. And thanks a lot for featuring Pete on Bravefighters.
Take care,
Bridget
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/peterpirie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bianca !!! (hopefully I got the date right) Have a fantastic day.
Love from Bridget, Colin, Griffin and Peter

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bianca!! I wish you lots of joy, happiness and love! Ask mommy and daddy to send me your new adress as soon as possible, so that I am able to send you a birthday present!
I miss you lots, and lots and I think about you every day.
Give the rest of the family my love!

I love you Bianca-Leigh White, you are my hero!
Sanna