2008-07-26

'Hair' we go again...

Bianca is definitely losing some hair. It looks a bit patchy. I mean she still has hair, but there are definitely some spots with much less hair. I'm wondering why she would be losing her hair again. I know one of the side-effects of the Vincristine she gets once a month is that she would lose her hair, but I also thought that once she reached maintenance that was the end of "no hair". Would be interesting to find out from any other people who are on or done with maintenance for A.L.L., whether they had some hair loss as well. But either way, we'll be checking with her doctor, just to check.

Between yesterday and today Bianca has been complaining of a sore tummy. It doesn't seem to bother her too much, but every so often she will say "my tummy is sore". So we'll keep an eye on that one, when she was still on her Delayed Intensification phase, a sore tummy was the only indication of her having an infection - although she was also not really herself at the time.

Last night I got a bit of a fright when Bianca's temp went to 38.2 and of course that would just be my luck because I haven't packed a bag for just in case and above 38 means "go to hospital". But a few minutes after that it showed 36.5 (so false alarm - big sigh of relief!!!). Today she's been fine. Not a big appetite for lunch (but then she had a big breakfast) and otherwise she seems fine and whilst there are some minor cold symptoms at the moment, it doesn't seem to bother her and she seems to cope quite well with it. I'm really really glad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lea,
I've heard of a few cases where people's hair thins out in Maintenance due to the Vincristine. It sounds like it doesn't all fall out, just bits and pieces. So it does happen.
I'm sorry to hear that Bianca is a bit unwell. Pete is sick too with a tummy bug, and his temps have been going up and down quickly. Maybe they have the same thing.
I'm worried he will end up in hospital for his birthday.
Anyway, I hope Bianca is ok from now on.
Take care,
Bridget and Pete