2009-02-12

We are hot!

Firstly thank you so much for all the messages for Bianca. Her face lit up when I told her there were some comments and emails just for her. She had such a great time reading these messages. Thank you, you really made her day!

Things here are going pretty well. Except for the weather. Oh boy! It has been hot. I must say I much prefer the cooler weather and I guess our 27 degrees celcius (some of the days) isn't nearly as bad as some friends have been having in Australia, but combine our 27 degrees celcius with 95% humidity - that's tough! Well tough for me anyway! Okay fair enough today wasn't 95% humidity, but earlier this week it was! And unfortunately our house seems to attract the heat a bit, or at least that's how it feels to me.

But other than that, things are going very well here. Bianca is well settled at school, she is enjoying it and we seem to be well on track with our chemo schedule. I am confident that when we go in on Monday that Bianca's counts will be great! Of course the not so nice thing is that it will be steroid week again and I'm hopeful we will have a hungry rather than a sad or grumpy week. Even if I have to deal with cravings like cravings for wild boar.

And then we have to start planning Caitlyn's second birthday which will be on the 22nd. I'm not quite sure what we will do, I think she will be happy as long as there is cake, balloons and presents and I don't think she has formed any close friendships as yet at daycare, so probably just something small. We'll have to see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We haven't seen the sun for a full day in almost 3 weeks now and the temps have hovered in the early 20's, I keep reminding myself its good practise for when we're there!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Ouch on the weather! Hope it cools down soon and that there are lots of wild boar around...

Anonymous said...

Well, you're lucky it's hot there, here it's cold and miz! I love the photos of Bianca, so sorry I missed that post, she must have been so chuffed!!