2009-11-17

Here I go again

Remember last year when I shaved off my hair (or rather when Bianca shaved off my hair)? Remember I wrote about it here? Well yesterday when I started my boss chatted to me about Funrazor and said that he would be very happy for me to participate again this year. So I am taking this opportunity to do my bit for the Child Cancer Foundation as a thank you for the wonderful work they do.

Now there is not a whole lot of time left - the event is happening at the Albany Westfield on 3 December 2009 at 4pm. You are welcome to shave off your own hair (just visit this website) - or if you are not quite brave enough, I'm happy to do it in exchange for your sponsorship. Please help me reach my goal. Every contribution will make a big difference - no matter how big or small, so please consider sponsoring me. 100% of the money raised through this event will go to the Child Cancer Foundation. They don't get any government funding and this event is one way they are able to raise the much-needed funds they require to do the work they do.

In 2007 we became one of "those families" when Bianca was diagnosed with leukemia. It wasn't something we ever thought would happen to us, but it did. Without the support from the Child Cancer Foundation, this journey would have been so incredibly hard. But they have been there for us every step of the way. Participating in Funrazor is one way I am able to give a little bit back.

I set up a fundraising site. It is a secure site and accepts credit cards, so it really doesn't matter where you live. Every single contribution will make such a big difference - no matter how big or small. Please could you visit my site and consider sponsoring me?

This year Bianca and her beads will be there once again to shave off my hair. If you are in the area, make sure you join us at Albany Westfield on 3 December 2009 at 4pm and come see Bianca shave off my hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you let Bianca do the shaving! What a great idea. :)

I recently went to a No.1 cut in support of a friend who was diagnosed with leukaemia. It was amazing to be part of it and I would definitely do it again in support of a family member or friend.

I look forward to seeing photos of the day.