2009-11-22

Slowly but surely getting there

So far 45% of the votes are saying size zero. What do you say? Voting on the right...

I want to say a big thank you to Marg, Janet McFadden, Carolyn M, Paul Curtis and Sam Curley-Young for their very generous donations. So far I'm sitting at NZ$485. Thank you so very much. Every little bit will make a very big difference.

I had a comment from Merideth wanting to know how the money exchange part on the donation form works and I thought I'd answer it here. When you click on "Make a donation" on my fundraising site, a form will open up that will allow you to complete your details such as your name, email address, your country and so on. The amount you put in will show up as New Zealand dollars. When you click on the bit that says: "If your home currency is different click here to convert your home currency donation into the equivalent NZD$" it takes you to the XE site. This is just to give you an idea of what the amount you would like to donate would be in New Zealand dollars. For instance:

20.00 NZD

=

14.4920 USD

New Zealand Dollars United States Dollars
1 NZD = 0.724600 USD 1 USD = 1.38007 NZD

And so this is just to give you an idea what the NZ$ amount would be in your particular currency. So when you have put an amount in NZ$ that you are happy with, and completed the credit card details, you should be able to click on Proceed and voila - it should be done. As simple as that. It is a secure site and all monies raised will go directly to the Child Cancer Foundation.

I want to also say thank you very much to those of you who have spread the word including Sam who shared it on her blog. Please keep spreading the word. I don't have a lot of time to try and reach my goal and in a bit more than a week it will be the big day!

I can't believe that I have completed a whole week of work so far. On Friday night I helped them out at their registration event just prior to their event on Saturday and I must say I really enjoyed it. So it will be interesting to see what this week holds. On Wednesday Bianca will have her monthly hospital visit again and this time Terence will have to take her. Hopefully she won't need to get an IVIG again and that will certainly make the visit much quicker than before. I am keen to see her blood test results. Other than that we are just trotting along with the usual stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of Bianca on Wednesday! Hope you reach your fundraising target!

xxx