2009-11-13

My Sister's Keeper

Tonight I went to watch My Sister's Keeper. I'm not going to analyse and describe the movie because I'm sure there are many who have not yet seen it. I heard some people were disappointed because they say the ending in the book was changed for the movie. I haven't read the book so can't comment on that.

I liked the movie. I did not cry even though lots of others in the movie were crying. But I did think parts were really sad, but lots were really beautiful and meaningful too. The only thing I found a bit weird was seeing a cancer patient with a bald head and thick eye lashes. That seemed weird. When Bianca started her chemo that caused hair loss, she lost her eye lashes too (or at least most of them).

But overall, I thought the movie was good and I'm really glad I went to see it.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I've read the book and saw the movie. I never enjoyed the movie, they skimmed over too much of the emotional stuff and made it seem far less than what it was.
I also noted that when I watched the movie, the people I've seen that have had chemo had no eye brows or eye lashes!

Mrs Parkinson said...

That is such a true comment, I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows during Chemo. First they thinned out then they fell out completely so I find it really funny when people try to portray cancer patients and still have thick eyebrows and long eyelashes. I couldn't watch home & away for awhile there, because a Character called Martha had no hair on her head yet thinck eyebrows and long lashes.