2009-11-25

Monthly hospital visit

Today was Bianca's monthly hospital visit. I'm pleased to report that all her counts are looking good. So the bruises really are just from playing and not because her Platelets were low. She ended up having an IVIG, but it sounds as if this was the last one. She managed to get to school for a little bit before finish time and of course had after-school care afterwards. So all in all things were great!

Tomorrow in one week is the big shave. I hope that if you are in the area you will come past and support us as Bianca shaves my hair. I'm now sitting at $545. Thank you also to Lisa for her generous donation! I really appreciate it!

Tonight I feel quite sad for little Christopher's family. They lost an incredibly brave and amazing son, grandson and brother. Please could you keep them in your prayers - that they will find comfort, strength and courage as they begin this part of their journey. It is so incredibly sad. I so wish with all my heart that things were different. That they didn't have to deal with this heartache.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that Bianca's counts are perfect. Good luck for the big shave.
Bridget

Sharon said...

Glad to hear all is going well!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Bianca is going from strenght to strength.

My condolences to Christophers family.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the hospital checkup. Another good month. Great!!
Rosemary NY