2007-12-03

Day 22 - Delayed Intensification

Funrazor is on Thursday, this coming Thursday. To all you overseas folks (and local folks) making donations are really simple - you can do it online via a secure site and directly into the Child Cancer Foundation's account. Every little bit counts and your donation would make a huge difference to children like Bianca. Of course you can always shave off your hair, but if that is not for you, then you can participate by sponsoring me to shave off all mine (and please pass on the message to all your friends, family and colleagues)!!! To sponsor me click here. A big thank you also to Sonya, Sue, Pauline and Grampa Sandy for their donations. The Child Cancer Foundation does so much for us as a family, I don't think we would have coped very well without having them on our side.

So of course Terence's work Christmas function is on Thursday evening - wonder what I could wear that goes well with a bald head or a bandanna??? :-).

This afternoon Bianca was sleeping in her room. I was in the play room with Caitlyn. All of a sudden I heard "Mommy!" "Mommy!" so I went to Bianca's room and then she said in a very unhappy voice "I don't need a deep bath!" "Pardon?" "I don't need a deep bath!". No idea where that came from and I suspect she was dreaming. Now how do you explain to a 4 year old that your dreams could sometimes feel real, but that they are not real.

Today wasn't a very good day. There were glimpses where Bianca was a little happy and even had a bit of a sense of humour. But for most of it, not really. She didn't want to have much to do with Caitlyn today, and that makes it a bit hard as Caitlyn wouldn't understand. So several times today Caitlyn would crawl to the couch Bianca was lying on, then stand up against the couch and try to touch Bianca, grab her clothes or pillow and making noise. Then Bianca would get a bit irritated (but at least not fighting) and I have to move Caitlyn somewhere else in the play room. Then Caitlyn would crawl to Bianca, and so on and so on.

She feels a bit warm and I'm keeping an eye on that temperature.

We didn't have chemo today and have this week off. This "break" would be so that Bianca's counts could recover before the next part of this phase (I think this is the reason for the break). Tomorrow we need to go to the hospital for a blood test

Chemo should "hopefully" go ahead as per schedule on Monday. At least it won't include Dexamethasone...

Caitlyn is really really busy. Sanna didn't think we had our own gym going at home, but she runs around quite a bit. Caitlyn's new game is to take something on her high chair tray or on the chair and to throw it on the floor. Then when we pick it up again, she throws it on the floor again and so on.

Medicines today:
  • Omeprazole - 1 capsule a day
  • Cefaclor - 12 ml, 3 times a day for four days, whereafter 6 ml at night every night
  • Fluconozole - 10 ml at night

2 comments:

Clare said...

Angus sent me over to see you. I think Bianca deserves one of our quilts. I rung Quilts 4 Leukaemia (link via my profile) and would love to make up a quilt for her. Can you PM me if you are agreeable.

Lea White said...

Hello Clare,

Just to let you know that I emailed you on the email address in your profile. Once again, thank you for considering Bianca, we feel really blessed.