2008-08-12

Things going great

I think tonight and possibly the next few nights we'll be in for a pretty tough time. Caitlyn has a pretty bad cold. Overall she's okay - playing and generally happy, but not much of an appetite. Other than that, she's got a bit of a cough and a runny nose. So now I'm hopeful that Bianca doesn't develop a bad infection as a result of this and I guess this will be a test to see how well the IVIG transfusions really work. So as always, we'll just take each day as it comes.

And Bianca? Every morning she says "I'm great!" and that's pretty much how things are going for us at the moment. Things are great! Bianca is all settled at school, and it's been a while since our last hospital stay. Every day she is so excited to play with her friends. I'm hopeful we can continue this way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bianca, we will be praying you will NOT develop any infection and that you can keep going to school every day. I hope you are enjoying your new school. My granddaughter will be five the end of Sept. and according to her school district, will have to wait a year to start kindergarten.

Please remind your mommy and daddy that God has promised in the Bible, in Lamentations:

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.’ The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."

His mercies and compassions are NEW EVERY morning! As my mother says, they are flying around EVERY morning.

So, instead of dodging them.... snatch and catch...and enjoy ALL God has to give you every day.

Great is HIS faithfulness,
Janet H.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/rayhintz

Anonymous said...

Hello Whites,

Ever since you commented on my friend Sharmalia's site, I've been following your journey as well. It is remarkable how well you record your experience. When Bianca is grown, she will treasure this gift you've given so much!
God Bless you and your family as you continue your journey thru the valley of cancer, and may He soon raise you to the heights of the mountain of complete healing!
-Melissa