2008-01-29

Thinking, thinking, thinking

Yesterday I thought so hard, it made my head hurt!

On Thursday morning we have an appointment at the school we would like to send Bianca to when she turns 5. So now I have all these thoughts running through my head wondering what information about Bianca is important that they would need to know about, things like telling us if somebody picks up chickenpox. There are also other things in the back of my mind as I consider options for when Sanna leaves in a few months' time. I have no idea what we will do without her, she has very much become part of our family and the kids love her to bits! I would like to go back to work, but even so we still need some backup options in case Bianca is not able to go to school, there is still Caitlyn to consider and Bianca will still need to go to the hospital at least once a month for treatment when it is not ideal to take Caitlyn along.

In one way it feels really good to think that we can start doing normal things, consider things like school, but in another this journey made me somewhat neurotic, always wondering and always "what if?". Even at the shops, I would hear every single cough and every single sneeze as I walk past people.

So far so good, Bianca seems happy, she seems interested in doing things, she seems to cope with her medicines. I'm very much hoping that it will stay like this, but I'm so aware that things usually change when you least expect it - like on a Sunday night when you don't have a single thing packed.

Medicines today:
  • Mercaptopurine - 1 tablet a night
  • Co-trimoxazole - 6.25ml twice a day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lea, what happened on Sunday night?

Sharon

Angus said...

Go take a look at Clare's site!

Raul Mosley said...

My prayers are with Bianca and the rest of your family. This is wonderful site you have set up!!!