2009-03-22

Happiness is...

having a bath


until your mom decides to wash your hair...


And the way Caitlyn screamed, I thought for sure that the neighbours would come knocking on our door to see why we were torturing our child like this. Thankfully nobody came knocking and Caitlyn quickly smiled again. Of course only until the next time we have to wash hair (sigh!!!).

In our new house we have two bathrooms and an extra toilet. Both the bathrooms have a toilet as well as a shower. Bianca is quite happy showering, but Caitlyn not so much. Unfortunately we struggled to find a place that also had a bath and so we settled on this rental home. We decided that we would get a baby bath of some kind to use in the bathroom on the floor as a solution for our lack of a bath in this house. Unfortunately all the baby baths were way too small, and finally we managed to find this blue shell-shaped type of plastic pool / sand box for kids and thought it would be perfect. And it was, until I realised it won't actually fit in the bathroom. So now we bath Caitlyn in the kitchen. So far so good. It actually works quite well. And since Caitlyn is only 2, she really couldn't care less where she gets her bath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos. I am glad that I am not the only mum who runs to get the camera whilst thinking that Child Services are probably on the way!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found a baby bath that is a good size, my almost 4 year old fitted in it when she had the chicken pox recently, its a Jolly Jumper make, from Farmers. They are only around $25 (or find one on trade me, I got mine for $10). They are the biggest baby bath I've seen! It fits in our bath but also in the shower, which makes it easy to fill and empty. And yes, I've often wondered if someone is going to come knocking on our door when we wash Miss Almost 4's hair too, you would think I was trying to murder her.
Sue from J'ville.