2009-03-24

It was great while it lasted...

I can't believe my month of temping is over in less than a week. Next week this time my life will go back to before. I did enjoy the time being back at work, but (and I never thought I would say this), I'm also looking forward being at home again. I've actually missed being there when Bianca gets out of school and spending some of the days with Caitlyn.

For now we'll still keep Caitlyn in daycare for 2 days a week because it is very important that she also has social interaction with other children. Caitlyn loves going to daycare and every afternoon I ask her how her day was and she will say "good" and then I will ask her who she played with and she will say "Tela" and "Cassie" and she will then tell me what she did and say "blocks", "outside", "play doh" and so on. So on Monday I will have my last day as a professional working mom for a while and go back to just being a mom who works at home (because let's face it house-work is also work).

After last week's steroid week I once again realised why going back to work on a full-time or even a permanent part-time basis won't be a very good idea. Steroids are just too unpredictable and I really need to be available and flexible just in case Bianca doesn't feel well enough and needs to come home early from school. So then it is better that Terence is able to work full time (as he doesn't get paid when he doesn't work).

But despite all the uncertainties that walk hand-in-hand with Bianca's treatment, it was a great chance to go to work for a bit again. It was a good opportunity to step out of my comfort zone a bit. And the people were all so nice. So down-to-earth-we-accept-you-for-who-you-are kind of people. So I had a great time. At times busy and a bit stressful, but quite enjoyable too. So I actually might miss it a bit (although I think Terence can't wait to go back to the office full-time again).

So far this week Bianca is doing great. No more major tummy aches, she is once again back to coping with school, loving her tennis (and has in fact asked her dad that she does tennis next term again and she asked if she could please get her own tennis racquet), and having 2 play dates this week! I'm glad we are back to normal. Or as normal as we can be.

And Bianca still loves getting all the emails - she is slowly but surely making her way through all the emails she needs to respond to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a very busy time, I'm sure you're looking forward to getting back to a "normal" routine.
Glad to hear Bianca is enjoying all her emails.