What a week!

We are so very happy that this week is finally over and done with. What did we learn this week? We learned that moving house, working full time (me at work, Terence trying to from home) and steroids don't go well together.

This whole week we worked pretty hard until late at night to get our packing all done.

On Tuesday night I wanted to leave normal time, but unfortunately had some last minute important work and so ended up working until around 7pm. So by the time I got home, it left us with very little time to get things done.

On Wednesday I wanted to leave work early so I could get final bits and pieces sorted, but unfortunately ended up having to work until 6pm. Bianca also suffered from tummy aches (thanks Steroids!) and so by 12 pm the school called, and Terence had to go and pick Bianca up. By 8pm Terence nearly suffered a break-down. We phoned to confirm final details with the guys who agreed a number of times in the past 3 weeks to help us with our move, and they told us that they actually forgot about our move and made other arrangements so were unable to help out the following day. So after we sat in stunned silence a bit, trying to figure out how the two of us would manage the move on our own along with my commitments at work, dropping and picking kids up from daycare and school, Terence then called one of the girls at his work in desperation - thankfully Christina's partner was able and willing to help with our move. What a relief!!! I don't know how we would have managed if it wasn't for them.

So then moving day arrived and, in typical steroid style, Bianca felt pretty unwell and suffered from more tummy aches and once again Terence had to get her early from school. Lucky I managed to get off work early so was able to start with final house cleaning. When Terence left to get Caitlyn, he took the opportunity to get supper for all of us from the food court. As he waited in the queue, Caitlyn snapped his bank card in half and so Terence had to take an unexpected trip to the bank (thankfully it was late night shopping so the bank was still open).

I want to say a huge huge thank you to Christina and Carlin for all their help, for being there for us despite it being last minute. They even helped out with some of the final cleaning, which was not at all expected, but greatly appreciated.

Today (Friday) and we kept Bianca home from school. That was a good decision as she felt pretty miserable today and experienced constant tummy aches. Terence had to make a final trip to the old house to let the carpet cleaners in, and to do the very last little bits that we didn't manage to clean last night. He was also supposed to meet the owner to hand keys back and do final inspection, but the owner postponed until tomorrow.

And now we are all moved into our new house, the main pieces of furniture have been moved to where they need to go (and we very nearly did not get our fridge up the stairs) and the baby gates are up. Yes, we are still sleeping on mattresses on the floor and yes our garage contains pretty much all the things we own, and yes we are now starting to wonder what we packed in where. But for now all the unpacking can wait. Tomorrow at least we plan to just take it easy, especially since tomorrow is Bianca's last day of steroids for this month and so she'll probably feel a little miserable again tomorrow. We'll just keep it nice and quiet.

And now I'm off to bed to catch up on some much-needed sleep!


Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very hectic week!! I hope things return to a normal routine soon.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like one hell of a week. Hopefully the weekend is productive and perhaps even relaxing now that the move is over and it is time to settle in to family life. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Whew, it made me tired just reading about it. I'm sorry to hear that the steroids were pretty bad this time. I am glad that they are now over and that the move is done too. What relief.
I hope that this week is a bit easier.
take care,