2007-10-28

A trip to the ballet

Last night Sanna and I went to see a theatre performance of the Imperial Russian Ballet Company and they performed the "Festival of Russian Ballet". These tickets were kindly donated to the Child Cancer Foundation and then allocated to us. It was at the Wetpac St James Theatre and it looked absolutely stunning on the inside.

The programme:

ACT I
Highlights from… Don Quixote; The Dying Swan; Carmen; Gopak; Le Corsaire; Ne Me Quittes Pas; Giselle; Can Can Suprize

ACT II
Bolero (Full Length)

ACT III
Carmina Burana (Full Length)

All I can say is WOW!!! I have never seen a live ballet performance before and it was magnificent. My favourites were the "Can Can Surprize" which was very funny and "Bolero" was fantastic and very very dramatic.

I also saw Elijah's mom and granny and Liam's mom and dad at the performance.

A big THANK YOU to the Child Cancer Foundation for sharing those donated tickets with us, it was a wonderful experience.

No comments: